One of the fears of smokers quit when gaining weight is to get it. The withdrawal syndrome is often mistaken for hunger.
What I can do not to smoke today?
The withdrawal only lasts 24 hours but the situations reminder of smoking are much more durable. You must change your way of acting to adapt to your new status as a non-smoker.
Set yourself an easy target: TODAY I’M NOT SMOKING. No need to say that will smoke any more because that phrase you will create a significant stress and you can frustrate you needlessly.
From these lines we offer tips to help you to not smoke TODAY.
- Avoid unnecessary stress do not try to stop smoking and lose weight at a time.
- Instead of envying smokers, look at the attitude of those who do not smoke. What do while not smoke? that’s what you should do.
- Do not drink alcohol while you have a high alcohol cravings.
- Drink water, always have water nearby.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C to help the body eliminate toxins. But do not take orange juice, regaled in peeling an orange or a tangerine.
- Coffee or tea after lunch to spend the desktop help but invite you to smoke so if this is your habit is best to avoid coffee after dinner.
- Walking and often stimulates appetite and the urge to smoke so the ride today should not be stressful.
- You can keep your mouth busy with sugarless gum.
- Keep your hands busy. A sprig of a plant to turn it between your fingers, a piece of paper to fold or make small pieces, a key to open or close.
- When you can not hold on and you’re about to … Stand up, breathe deeply with your eyes closed to feel the fresh air enters the lungs and through all the alveoli … and count to 10 slowly, if you can not do it aloud, write the numbers on paper or finger into the palm of your hand … That’s it ran anxiety.
In a few days you will notice as you breathe more easily and as food has a special flavor, better, much better. In fact he has is own flavor.
2. If I quit, will I get fat?
The snuff is not fattening or slimming, the snuff is not eaten, and provides no calories. There are several possible reasons for gaining weight:
- Anxiety and stress, often soothe with food.
- Keep your hands busy at lunch instead of the snuff.
- Getting something (food) to the mouth, out of habit.
- The urge to smoke and hunger are often mistaken as a lack of snuff, they tend to resort to food.
In fact, the importance of raising a few kilos of quitting smoking, is relative. The weight is gained quickly, quickly removed. The snuff is a cardiovascular risk factor more important than a few kilos for a few months. In any case, the weight gain is neither safe nor very hard to avoid.
Weight gain occurs only when you eat more than what is spent, there are no more options. So what smoking can do to influence food intake, increasing or decreasing. Only the balance between caloric intake and energy expenditure will be crucial when fat or not.