• Both molecules are in the same family of statins. This is a group of drugs by reducing the cholesterol level work and protects the cardiovascular system. Both atorvastatin and lovastatin effect on the body, especially in the liver by inhibiting the enzyme (a substance that is involved in various chemical processes), responsible for education cholesterol.
• To obtain more or less both statins are excreted in the urine.
Lovastatin vs. Atorvastatin
• The Lovastatin is naturally produced by a fungus called Aspergillus terrenus take atorvastatin a synthetic origin is established.
• The difference in the statin Lipitor Lovastatin is a prodrug, is absorbed and metabolized more easily and better. This is for those who suffer from malabsorption important.
• If the diet increases the absorption of lovastatin used. Atorvastatin, but are eaten between meals.
• The cross lovastatin penetrates the nervous system, as opposed to non-hematopoietic atorvastatin the barrier.
• excreted through the bile ducts, while the other lovastatin.
• The Lovastatinta has a rapid effect of atorvastatin.
• A atorvastatin is
These similarities and, above all, these differences are those that view because of the physician in selecting the statin. Following the thread of the benchmark, we can provide the advantages and disadvantages of the use of statins.
The benefits of statins
• Reduce total cholesterol and LDL, or bad blood.
• It reduces the concentration of triglycerides.
• Reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
• Improves blood circulation in the arteries.
Disadvantages of statins
• You can complicate the health of patients with liver disease before.
• Use is not recommended if you have other drugs such as oral contraceptives, erythromycin (an antibiotic), anti-acid heartburn, warfarin (a medicine for blood clotting), among others.
• Not tested for safety in pregnant women and infants.
• It may cause side effects such as dizziness, vomiting, fatigue, muscle pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, etc. produce
In summary we can say that atorvastatin and lovastatin differences of origin, the former, the artificial and natural second. But both affect cholesterol-lowering statins, high in the blood, and the consumption of which have advantages and disadvantages for health.